Master of Industrial Engineering: Admission
MASTER BY COURSEWORK ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The candidates who would like to apply to a Master's Degree program by coursework must meet the following conditions:
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the University Senate or;
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant fields.
*Subject to approval by Faculty council
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students do not need to provide proof of any examinations, i.e. MUET, IELTS, TOEFL. By default, students need to write their thesis in English, but students are also allowed to write in Malay.
The certification should not be more than 2 years from the date test taken and registration of candidature. TOEFL Institutional Testing Program (ITP) is not accepted.
1. Students from countries of US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in which English is their native language or the candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English. However,you must submit evidence of support as a proof.
2. International students with Bachelor and Masters’ degrees from Malaysian universities, English requirement is not needed.
Students with IELTS Band 5 and below and/or TOEFL 500 and below must attend the English Course. Students are offered candidature after completion of the course. Attendance to the course is compulsory, and students will be terminated if they fail to fully attend the course, and their visa cancelled. Students need to sit for assessments and a final test, and must achieve at least B (the passing mark at postgraduate level). Students are allowed to repeat the course until they obtain the required grade. The course is offered three – four times a year. Students are awarded certificate of completion.
- Students without any English language certification must attend English course – Students must sit for a placement test to determine which module to enrol into, and they are registered as students of postgraduates.
Structure: Students who start with Proficiency Module must go through all three modules, and must pass each module before proceeding to the next module. Students need to sit assessments and a final test, and must achieve at least a grade B. Students are allowed to repeat the course until they obtain the required grade. If students fail a module, they must continue the module until they pass, and so forth.
Further information: REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSION