Program Outcomes (PO) are statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to perform or attain by the time of graduation. These related to the skills, knowledge, and behaviour that students acquire through the program. Students of an engineering program are expected to attain the following:
PO-01 Engineering Knowledge.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO-02 Problem Analysis.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
PO-03 Design/ Development of Solutions.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
PO-05 Modern Tool Usage.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
PO-06 The Engineers and Society.
- Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
PO-07 Environmental and Sustainability.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO-10 Individual and Teamwork.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
PO-11 Life-long Learning.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PO-12 Project Management and Finance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.